Spanning Backup for Salesforce
Leading SAAS Data Protection With Automated, Daily Backup And Easy Restores.
Please Call for Pricing!
Protect Critical Sales And Customer Data
Your Salesforce data is vital to your organization. It should be backed up daily and automatically. And it should be easy to restore in case of a data loss event, such as accidental deletion, third-party application sync errors, malicious insiders or hactivism.
Salesforce’s backup policy is similar to other SaaS vendors in that their backup covers any errors that may occur on their side—not yours. And while they offer you the ability to export all of your data once weekly, the process is error-prone and it can become costly, especially when you need to restore data.
That’s where Spanning Backup for Salesforce comes in.
Easy, Reliable Backup And Restore
Cloud-to-cloud backup of Salesforce data improves backup reliability and reduces the time it takes administrators to manage the backup process. As a trusted SaaS data protection provider, Spanning makes it easy to protect your critical Salesforce data from loss, meet data governance requirements and keep your users productive.
Spanning Backup for Salesforce is the first and only backup and recovery solution delivered directly within the Salesforce interface. Preventing data loss is easy with Spanning Backup’s automated, daily backups. Restoring data is quick and easy with point-in-time, field-level restores—you can even restore data into another Salesforce org. With Spanning, both administrators and end users can get lost or deleted data back quickly from within the Salesforce interface.
Spanning Backup for Salesforce backs up everything—from user-generated reports, dashboards, custom views and email templates to objects, custom objects, files, attachments, and metadata. It’s always running in the background, available for on-demand, anytime backups as well as providing automated, daily backups.
Restoring data that’s been overwritten, deleted, or lost is easy with Spanning Backup. Point-in-time restore is so easy, even end users can do it.
Automated And On-demand Backup
With Spanning Backup, all Salesforce data, attachments and customizations are automatically backed up - daily. Administrators can also initiate on-demand backups to capture a point-in-time snapshot of your entire account prior to making large data or customization changes.
Protect your Salesforce data with automated, daily backups.
- Automated daily backups: Enjoy peace of mind knowing your data is backed up every day and that you’ll be notified of any problems via Chatter.
- On-demand backups: Take a snapshot of Salesforce data prior to data imports or applying customizations.
- Complete protection: Secure your Salesforce environment with frequent backups of all your data, including metadata, customizations, attachments and Chatter messages.
In-app Granular Restore And Recovery
Use Spanning Backup for Salesforce to easily restore data from any date in the past, with easy search capabilities and on-page restores directly within your Salesforce environment.
Recover data from any point-in-time— quickly and easily.
- Granular field-level restore: Spanning’s Universal Restore Button appears, enabling users to compare and select individual record fields to restore.
- Point-in-time restore: Navigate to any previous day and quickly restore all your data or individual object types.
- Cross-org restore: Admins can select another Salesforce org or Sandbox as the destination for backed up data. Spanning does not need to be installed on the data destination.
- Bulk item restore: Admins can search for updated items and deleted items from any point in time and can undo a delete or perform a bulk update quickly and easily to restore some or all items.
- Deleted item restore: Permanently deleted items can be automatically restored with their related records intact, including parent-child relationships.
- Secure restore: Performs all restores as the user who is logged into Salesforce, enforcing field-level security. All restores are fully audited and available for review by the administrator.
- Granular, point-in-time exports: Easily search, find and select specific items or all items to export from any previous backup and recover data through granular exports.
Proactive Administrative Tools And Dashboard
Administrators can have complete confidence in the status of all backup and recovery operations, with detailed, actionable reports and dashboards.
Stay informed via proactive, real-time updates of all backup, export and configurations changes in the Chatter newsfeed.
- Customizable dashboard: Monitor daily Salesforce backups and quickly review the status, including the new, updated and/or deleted data and any errors or warnings that may need attention.
- Status history: Monitor, review and resolve any backup problems and have complete confidence in your backups with detailed error reporting and correction guidance.
- Activity log: Review all activity, clearly identifying who has performed what operations and configuration changes.
- API usage management: Use historical trending to monitor and manage the number of API calls made each day.
- Interactive Chatter notifications: Proactively monitor all backup, export and configuration activity within your Chatter feeds.
Full Salesforce Integration
Spanning Backup for Salesforce puts the administrator in control, providing in-app management and monitoring of all backup and export activity, and leveraging the built-in user and permissions model to reduce the risk of data exposure.
Stay in control and in-app with easy access to Spanning Backup and your protected data.
- Control access: Leverage Salesforce native user and permissions model to control access to Spanning Backup and your protected data, or to empower end users to restore.
- Salesforce1 Mobile integration: Monitor your backups and receive notifications on the go with the Spanning Backup for Salesforce1 Mobile app. use Office 365—mobile-first, cloud-first.
- Unlimited storage: Spanning Backup offers unlimited storage and backup versions for all your Salesforce data.
- Data sovereignty: Have a choice of backup destinations- in the US or the EU - to meet data sovereignty requirements for your organization.
Data Protection That You Can Trust
Trust and transparency are non-negotiable with respect to cloud application backup. Because data protection is critical to the business, it is our top priority to provide trustworthy products and services that prove their value through reliability, accuracy, and meaningful, transparent insight into your data. Everything we do - from product design to customer support - is focused on earning customer trust and instilling confidence and peace of mind.
Spanning is committed to exceeding compliance and securityrelated requirements for controls and safeguards when hosting customer data.
- SSAE 16 Compliance: Spanning has successfully completed the SSAE 16 SOC 2 audit certification process, a rigorous evaluation of operational and security controls. This achievement reinforces Spanning’s leadership position as a trusted SaaS data protection provider and demonstrates Spanning’s continued commitment to exceed compliance and security-related requirements for controls and safeguards when hosting customer data.
- Strong Encryption : Spanning Backup protects data in transit with 128-bit SSL encryption and at rest with 256-bit AES encryption, one of the strongest block ciphers available.
- Intrusion Detection: Our systems constantly guard against intrusion with log analysis, file integrity checking, policy monitoring, rootkit detection, real-time alerting, and active response.
- Compartmentalized Access: Access to production servers is granted only to named Spanning employees who have specific operational requirements. Changes to the production environment access control list are tracked and auditable.
- Virtual Private Cloud: Spanning Backup runs within a private, isolated section of the Amazon Web Services cloud where we maintain AWS resources in a secure, virtual network.
- HIPAA Compliance: Spanning is a HIPAA-compliant solution and is happy to walk your organization through our Business Associate Agreement.
- Third-Party Certifications and Audits: Spanning Backup operates within the Amazon Web Services cloud, which is ISO 27001 certified, has completed multiple SAS-70 Type II audits, and publishes a SOC 2 report under both the SSAE 16 and the ISAE 3402 professional standards. Spanning Backup has also earned TRUSTe privacy and security seals and is certified under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.
Spanning Backup by EMC is trusted by thousands of organizations worldwide and maintains consistently high customer satisfaction ratings and reviews.
Install in less than a minute, deploy fast, and gain unparalleled ease-of-restoration to get data back the way it was quickly and easily.
Spanning employs multiple levels of operational and physical security, including SSAE 16 SOC 2 certification, HIPAA compliance, 256-bit AES object-level encryption at rest and SSL in transit.
Get the Google Apps 100-percent restore guarantee, the first data restore guarantee of its kind offered for SaaS data, proof of our commitment to our customers.
Spanning Backup for Salesforce:
- Automates backup so you can set it and forget it
- Assures data availability and protects from data loss
- Meets audit requirements for backup and recovery
- Empowers administrators and users to easily restore lost or deleted data
Automatic, daily in-app backup and recovery for all Salesforce data and metadata including:
- In-app backup and direct, on-page restore
- Easy-to-use search and granular recovery
- API usage controls and monitoring
- Proactive status monitoring via Chatter & Salesforce1
- Industry-leading security; HIPAA compliant
- Unlimited data storage
- European data destination option
Download the Spanning Backup for Salesforce Datasheet (PDF).
Please Call for Pricing!